Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pvelite (codecalc) flange calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

arash2000

Mechanical
May 19, 2009
Dear Sirs

In last page of Pvelite(codecalc)flange calculation for Channel Cover, it has been written Min. Required Flange thickness as per TEMA + CA.

I want to know what is the related paragraph of TEMA in this subject?

regards

Arash

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

arash,
The best answer you can get should come from the Coade, the PV Elite designer. You can contact them directly or better still, visit the Coade website and locate on their pull down menu the 'Support' button, select the 'Discussion Forums', log in and write the question, directly to the program design engineers. They will reply quickly, as usual.
Cheers,
gr2vessels

I do not have the book in front of me right now, but it is probably TEMA paragraph RCB-9.21 (8th ed.). I do not know the section in the 9th ed right now.

Basically for multipass exchangers, the pass partition plate rests on the channel cover on one side and on the tubesheet on the other side, so if the channel cover has excessive deflection then you could get leakage around the partition plate.

I hope this helps. If you need more information, I can try to find it tomorrow.

best regards,
Mandeep Singh

I'm afraid I can't offer any more than what I can see in my (superseded) 8th Ed, but note that minimum channel thickness then was referenced back to Code requirements for minimum shell thickness, with an additional override relating to minimum thicknesses detailed in Table R-3.13.

Cheers,
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back