PVELITE NOZZLE FAILURE ERROR FOR SIMPLE MODEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmallInfo

Petroleum
Oct 30, 2017
PK
Hello Experts

I have a design of an exchanger with two nozzles of 4” and I am looking for how should I redesign reinforcement pad if I convert one of my nozzle to 6”. I modeled N1 4” and N2 6” (case for practice) but PVELITE is failing N2 and generating this error.

Note:
I tried multiple variables, enhanced pad diameter, thickness, nozzle schedule, main shell length but in any case its passing nozzles till 5” but when I make it 6” it shows this failure.
Kindly look into my filled data and guide me where I am making mistake, I am a junior engineer, learning through practices.

I am attaching PVELITE file as well if you need to go through it

Thanks

details_abc_qepc2l.jpg
model_1_rkumtp.jpg
detail_abc_am5v0o.jpg
N2_eahp96.jpg
detailss_nn_igtg4a.jpg
details_tp_nfakmp.jpg
ni_p2ytsb.jpg
RP_arblrq.jpg
RP2_jrvoph.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I expect the default limits of reinforcement used by PVE exceed what is actually available. This should be listed in the output somewhere.

It should be possible to restrict limits used by the program. I am referring to direction along the vessel wall.

Regards,

Mike

The problem with sloppy work is that the supply FAR EXCEEDS the demand

Muhammad,
For 6" N2 re-pad, you have 270+16 weld size > 280 shell length, model error.
I changed shell length to 350 and put N2 at the center, the warning disappear. Area for internal pressure is the same as 280 long shell, but different for external pressure. You can try and compare.

You shall verify by hand calculation and if matching with PVElite, just ignore the warning.
Also if you model the head and body flange, the warning maybe disappear. Give it a try.

@jtseng123
Thank you so much, now I can understand what that warning telling, now this error gone. Thank you so much once again

@jtseng123
As you can see in Detail-C we have limitation of length its 280+50=330mm it will be 346mm if we add 16mm for weld, what if we have to fix this re-pad within length which is 330mm to erect 6" nozzle, what are the variables we can change if we need to keep our re-pad length under 330mm?
I decreased length to 300 and increased pad thickness to 15 but it didn't work, is my approach right? Need your guidance please.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back