Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PVTSim recombination help

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrijamil

Chemical
Nov 29, 2016
MY
Hi,

I'm a first time user of PVTSim and I'm trying to figure out what's going on with the Recombination fluid operation. In the manual it says

"Select the oil and gas to be recombined from the database. Enter Gas/Oil ratio and Oil Density. The Gas/Oil ratio is defined as volume of gas at standard conditions per volume of liquid in equilibrium with the gas at a defined temperature and pressure. The liquid phase conditions are often sampling (separator) conditions. Density is the liquid density at this temperature and pressure (separator T and P)"

So I specify an oil density and GOR at separator conditions. But how does it know what my separator P and T are? When I try to do a Separator Test at separator P and T, the results are quite different from the GOR I specified.

For context. I'm recombining this fluid based on sample analysis for verification. I'll then recombine it at current GOR which is different from when the sample was taken.

Adri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back