Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

PW rendering fails to save

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockguy

Mechanical
Oct 1, 2002
US
We have been having an intermintant issue the last couple of weeks. We save a PW rendering and everything works as normal. The processing dialog box does it's count down and we recieve a message when the rendering is done which says somehting to the effect of "your rendering saved succesfully, blah, blah, blah" . This is all normal behavior. The problem, when you go and find the saved rendering file it's empty, It actually won't even open and the file size is a ridiculously low number like 100kb. I can't seem to pinpoint any sort of pattern to the problem it just happens intermintantly. Is any one else seeing this or have any ideas?

TIA

Rob Rodriguez CSWP
President: Northern
Vermont SolidWorks User Group
SW 2006 SP 2.0

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you saving across a network? Are you saving with a file name that has already been used? Saving to a read only folder?

Just more things to check.

I've had it happen on 2 different machines. One was saving to a network location and the other was saving locally, No it was a unique file name and I don't think the folder was read only but I will double check that.

I also thought it may be the size of the file (image too large) but that wasn't the case either.

Thanks for the thoughts Matt. I have the feeling this is going to be one of those things that never gets figured out like Roswell and the meaning of life.

Rob Rodriguez CSWP
SW 2006 SP 2.0

Ahh, I get it now ... "the meaning of life" [lol]

Sorry, I'm a bit slow this morning. Need more [morning]

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites FAQ559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions FAQ559-1091

UPDATE: Well things went from bad to worse. PW stopped saving renderings all together. This forced me to unistall and then re-install. The good news is, everything is working normally now. Thanks for your help

Rob Rodriguez CSWP
SW 2006 SP 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back