Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

PWM INVERTER WITH IGBT TRANSISTORS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm preparing my graduate exam.It's about PWM inverters with IGBT transistors at highest frequency today.I dont't

have enough information about it so I would be very gratefull if someone could help me by sending to me any information about it (construkcion,problems,advantages,principles of work,

heat sink and so on).

I'm from Bosnia .If someone is willing to help me my e-mail

is vracard@yubc.net

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Check the intersil.com site.  The inventor of the IGBT have devices that, use in a syncronous mode can do 200Khz or more.  Product is available in standard packages for conventional mounting.  Heat sink will depend on power loss in device, both switching loss and electrical loss (Vce times Current).  The advantage of the IGBT is in higer voltage applications where the power loss is much less than comparable power a MOSFET.  Small die size (use of processed silicon) for equivalant power (about one forth) means lower cost.  IGBT's are ideal for motor drive and power inverter applications where voltages are 400 and higher.  IGBT's are typically rated at 600 or 1200 volts and higher.  Inverters in the multi kw area use IGBT's. For more information check IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, PCIM magazine or VPEC.    

6/22/00<br>I suggest that you contact<br>Silicon Power Corporation (SPCO)<br>Exton, Pennsylvania, USA<br>or<br>Kevin Donegan<br>VP Sales and Marketing<br>SPCO<br>3 Northway Lane North<br>Latham, NY 12110<br>01-518-782-1182

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back