Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QC Lab services in the North East

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsm7400

Industrial
Mar 6, 2012
US
Does anyone have any recommendations of where I can get some really highend measurement performed? I would like to verify some results of a few products but need a place that can measure them.

The first thing I need to measure is flatness to 2 lightbands (.000024") on parts that can vary from Ø.300 to Ø2.000

The second thing I need to measure is the clearance between a sleeve and a cylinder. The max clearance is .000050"

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've used these guys once in the past for something that required far less precision.
I found them good to work with and they accommodated my requests for minor revisions to their report without haggling.

The website claims they can measure anything, but I didn't see any quantifiable values of capability.

I have done some looking around and still having some issues. Does anyone have an interferometer for measuring flatness? What brand do you use? Currently I use an optical flat which is highly subjective and requires my operators to have excellent vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back