Query about thermal analysis using ABAQUS software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eng.UGM

Student
Nov 7, 2023
ID
Hello,
These days, I am doing my thesis which discusses the assessment of the internal condition of a mass concrete pier head using FEM (namely ABAQUS software).

I have already modeled the concrete part (geometry and the assembly are done) and defined the material and assigned the sections, but I still do not know how to apply the heat generation load due to the cement hydration. I have the thermal data (obtained from 5 sensors which are embedded in the concrete body). I tried to apply body heat flux but did not work as required.

My method is to model the concrete section and use the heat cement generation equation to get the body heat flux (BHF) to get the thermal gradient, then when I have the output from the thermal analysis I will use it as input to conduct mechanical analysis to get the stress field results. But for now unfortunately still do not know how to apply the BHF to be from the inside of the geometry. (The tutorial on the internet discussed the surface heat flux only).

I read about a subroutine called DFLUX. But, I do not know how to use it.

So, If you kindly guide me to solve this issue I will appreciate it.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you partition the model in such a way that you will have cells (volumes) inside it, you will be able to apply body heat flux to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back