Question about API 571 Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.

AD_1979

Mechanical
Mar 6, 2023
NL
Dear all,

Because of professional reasons, I'm interested in getting the API 571 certification. I already booked a preparation course and I was checking the requisites from the API website and, according to the link:

"Any experience in the petrochemical industry". The issue is that my experience (more than 15 years) has been mainly in the minerals and pulp&paper sector.

Could this be an issue to be accepted to take the exam certification?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Disclaimer: I'm not an API expert, by any measure - but I do a lot of work for industries with petroleum and/or chemical processes. This includes mining and metals, as well as wood products (which also means pulp and paper).

What the API team is getting at here is that there are a fair number of "specialty" corrosion possibilities due to the quantity sand type of materials present in a petroleum or chemical process line. These include solid, liquid, and gas forms of various acids and bases - as well as the materials used for process piping and pressure vessel construction.

It is possible that whoever is your local "test center" might have some trouble with you not having substantive petrochemical experience. On the other hand, your work in pulp and paper has exposed you to much of the same criteria, so I would weigh that (with specifics) on your application.

Converting energy to motion for more than half a century

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back