Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about SlopeW

Status
Not open for further replies.

slam00000

Civil/Environmental
Dec 6, 2007
CA
If any of you familiar with Slope/W:
I have a simple question but yet puzzling
If you want to locate a point (for example when you drowing a slope geomtry) you have to move the cursor until finding the right coordinates of this point (this is really hassle).
Is there a way where one can locate the point by entering its coordinates directly.
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you turn on "Snap Grid" in the upper toolbar and set the "X and Y grid spacing" to a convenient unit (say 1 or 0.5) your cursor will snap to the points when you are drawing in lines. I find that rounding to the nearest whole or half a foot generally provides the accuracy that I need for modeling.

One thing that I really like about Slope/W as opposed to older programs like XStabl, is that you do not need to know the exact coordinates of each point in order to develop the model. I will typically sit down with the plan and a scale and use the "sketch" feature in Slope/W to rough in my layers, etc. Then I will adjust as needed and draw in my regions (used in the calculations) using the procedure described in the first paragraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back