Question - Heavy Fuel Oil Line - Valve identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteweyB

Mechanical
Oct 5, 2018
ZA
Good day all,

I trust that this is the correct forum to post this question in.

I'd like to ask for assistance in identifying specifically what the valve is that I've shown below and attached. It's installed on the line from the outlet nozzle on a 560000 litre Heavy Fuel Oil Tank, just after the first isolation valve (visible in the picture). I've been told that it's function is fire protection/supression.

I'd appreciate any assistance/direction that could help me identify/understand this.

Thank you

DSC_0167_tvnoup.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The valve forum or piping might have been better, but are there any other views / data plates etc.

It looks to me that the key to this valve is what purpose that bolt like device is on top. If this is some sort of fusible loop then the idea is that a fire close to the tank would melt the "bolt" and then whatever spring like mechanism is inside the actuator closes the valve.

Or maybe some just replaced the original item with a bolt?

Any manufacturer or model plate or stamps?

The fact it is painted red certainly indicates it's a fire valve of some sort

Any more pictures?

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Hi LittleInch,
DSC_0174_hlx9wn.jpg

Please see below for additional views.

There's no manufacturer's info for this site at all. I'm actually trying to genearate/gather as-built information. I do follow your logic though. There's two suppliers where I'm from a colleague referred me to. I'm going to follow up with them as well and revert back.

DSC_0165_ehcmty.jpg

DSC_0166_fbt38d.jpg

DSC_0173_teuaqb.jpg

DSC_0060_v8mukj.jpg

My apologies, that turned into a messy post with the pictures overlapping the words. Also, I'm not pointing to anything related to the "fire valve" in those pictures.

Not much more info there.

I can only assume it's if there is a leak in the pipework inside the bund and it catches fire the valve would close and stop feeding the fire.

But it's very basic.

What are those numbers you can see on the top of the valve?

Can you get a close up of the bolt / fusible link?

What data are you looking for?

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back