Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question on studying aeronautics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRECIOUS89

Apr 26, 2007
GH
I live in Accra, Ghana and need a school for my adopted son to study aeronautic engineering. Any help?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi, if your son will study in english (Much to the chagrain of the French, it is still the main language of engineers!!) and in England, and if he doesn't already have enough qualifications to apply directly to a company or university. Then you could send him to study in colleges such as Bedford College, where he could start on the aeronautic learning process, and i believe they now do levels upto and including degrees. There are a few of these colleges around in England.

The website for Bedford college is:

Britain has many fine universities with aeronautical programs. Engineering also requires much more writing than many people believe; depending on the subspeciality, your son could easily spend 75% of his work time writing various documents.

Fluency in written English is crucial. Fluency in spoken English is also important; engineering is a collaborative activity. Good mathematics skills are useful. Good study habits are critical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back