Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quick question on midside nodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyeguy

Bioengineer
Nov 23, 2006
I've gotten myself into a self-doubting circle of logic, so am hoping someone can quickly set me right. I'm currently working with SOLID92 tetrahedral elements, which have four corner nodes and six midside nodes. I'd like to apply a surface load (i.e. a pressure) to these nodes. I remember from theory that midside nodes have non-intuitive weights when it comes to applying surface loads (i.e. the corner nodes should have different forces applied to them than the midside nodes do). Does the generic ANSYS pressure command (the one available in the GUI) take this into account or do I need to be concerned about this? When I am applying a load, should I be selecting all the nodes or just the corner nodes? Doing a nodal solution output shows results only for the corner nodes, so I am assuming they are treated differently than midside nodes in ANSYS. Thanks for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi

if you working on 3D model it will be easy to put the load (pressure) on any area of that volume. so don't care for that amount of force per each node

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back