Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QuickRWall questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

arh13p

Agricultural
Mar 25, 2009
US
I responded to a thread with these questions but thought I would put them in a new thread hoping for a better response. I have been using QuickRWall for several years now and for the most part I think it is very user friendly. I was wondering whether anyone that has been using this program have noticed that it does not perform all the checks that should be done? Below are some of the "cons" we have found:

• A check on the maximum flexural steel spacing requirements of the Code (QR-wall didn’t do the check).
• Getting printout documentation that was different from what the output on the screen said (had to do “screen shots”) for final documentation with the right information.
• Not using the most up to date version of the Code (at the time I had installed the most recent QR-wall update). I see one of the post above mentioned that 2012 IBC and ASCE 7-10 are not included yet.
• Using the wrong load factors for soil when designing the footings and/or wrong load factors for “resisting” loads.
• The volumes of paperwork required for the file to fully document a complete design.

I am just curious if anyone has experienced some of this (not the paperwork issue) and has any feedback. Thanks in advanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back