Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Folder cannot be displayed" in Windchill 9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterstorm

Mechanical
Jul 23, 2012
NL
Hello,

I'm currently using Pro/E wildfire 4.0 and windchill 9.1. There was some problem with server and windchill went to offline (no server) mode. When I started Pro/E again I changed server from tools->server manager back to normal. Now I can see my current jobs in Workspace but I haven’t access to Windchill Cabinets. When I try to go to Windchill Cabinets text Folder cannot be displayed. The contents of this folder are not available appears. Pro/E doesn’t ask any user name and password anymore so I assume that I should log on somewhere. So, how can I get access to Windchill Cabinets again?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is it offline or no server? We are using Pdmlink 8 and I guess it is the same.
In server manager choose the server and right clik and choose set as primary server.

If you aren't being asked for a login, then something is not connected.
Check your config.pro for web_browser_homepage setting, it should be to your PDMLink homepage.
Also Tools-Server, needs to have a workspace registered. If it is No Server, then configure your server and set a workspace.
For the server name, everyone should be using the same name, PDM, PDMLink or some company specific name. There are sometimes folders referenced that are in PDMLink and use that server name. In config.pro. look for wtpub:: for any directory references, those are the ones in PDMLink.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Well, that was after all really simple problem. Just have to right click PDMlink server and take the Work offline mark off. Thanks you all for help:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back