Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

"KAP-0502"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2010
I have been tasked with finding an equivalent to this material.

Originally it was supplied to us by PolyOne, then M A Hanna... then we stopped using it.

Apparently P1 assimilated MA Hanna and now they call themselves Excel. A quick phone-call netted me "call back after the holiday please."

Ok so I know from the MSDS it consists of hydrotreated heavy naphthenic petrol distillates.... Zinc sterate, "SILANE, TRIS(2-METHOXYETHOXY)VINYL", carbon black, calcium oxide, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, and lead oxide.

First of all what the hell is this stuff?! :D I'm assuming some kind of polymer compound... according to what I pieced together we ran this years ago... hand nothing but issues with it now a customer wants us to "try again."

*sigh* I miss plastics. Gimme a machine full of flaming delrin any day. :p

----
BFL Dreamworks
"If we don't have an answer we'll get one"

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Apparently I am missing a piece of info.

It is listed as "solid 2" wide .258" thick continuous ribbon of material, gray in color" in the MSDS... and our tracking sheets list KAP as a choice for material.

Looking at the EPDM sheets I notice they don't list the fact that EPDM Rubber has... EPDM rubber in it! It seems they just list the nasty stuff.

Sooo... I have to backtrack further and figure out what the base rubber is because it is not listed.

----
BFL Dreamworks
"If we don't have an answer we'll get one"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back