Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"OI Server is not enabled (to enable, unset SDRC_OI_OFF)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

exitRI

Mechanical
Jul 29, 2011
US
thread577-103203

Hello Everyone:

I know there are many of us out there who are still using I-DEAS NX, so I would like to post a comprehensive answer to a question that I have seen many times over the years. If you are running I-DEAS NX (ver. 10 or 11) on Windows XP Pro and you see the following error message when attempting to use the data translators:

"OI Server is not enabled (to enable, unset SDRC_OI_OFF)"

the following steps can be used to fix this problem permanently.

1) Open a command prompt window and go to your ...I-DEAS/Install directory.
2) Run the OrbixE2AInstall.exe using options /r /f to remove Orbix.
3) Open your Windows Control Panel and go to Administrative Tools>Services. You need to verify that the 4 Iona services have been removed completely before going to the next step. The 4 Iona Services will be labeled as follows (or similar):

IT iona_services.config_rep.machinename cfr-MyDomain
IT iona_services.locator.machinename MyDomain
IT iona_services.naming.machinename MyDomain
IT iona_services.node_daemon.machinename cfr-MyDomain

If the services still appear in the Services window, they will need to be manually removed using the Registry Editor. The Iona services are located in your registry under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services

Select each service and delete it, then close your regedit and restart your computer.

4) After rebooting, open a command prompt window and go back to the ...I-DEAS/install directory and run the OrbixE2AInstall this time using the /i option to reinstall Orbix.

5) When the install is finished, open your Windows Control Panel Services to verify that the 4 Iona services are up and running (if not, start them). *There should be only 4 Iona services. If there are more than 4, you missed one while deleting them in the regedit. You will need to go back to step #1 and repeat.

6) In the Windows Control Panel, go to System>Advanced>Enviroment Variables. Scroll down through your environment variables until you find one named SDRC_OI_OFF. If this variable exists, delete it and create a new variable named SDRC_OI_ON. Set it's value to 1.

7) Close your Control Panel, reboot your computer, and start a new I-DEAS session. Your translators will all launch properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back