Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Suspension Bridges" by D. B Steinman (1929) 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bridgebuster has made available another classic. The 10.9 MB, zipped file is available for download at the link below.

[reading]

SlideRuleEra, could you check the file on your web page? When I downloaded it, I got a 166K file that WinZip told me wasn't a valid .zip file. Thanks.

broekie - I just tried the download, and it worked well. Right clicked on the "Suspension Bridges (1929)" link, and selected "Save Target As..." to put the 10.9 MB .zip file on my hard drive.
After download was complete, file unzipped normally using "7-Zip" freeware (also unzipped normally with "ZipCentral" freeware).
I don't use WinZip, but that should work fine.

[reading]

Thanks for the post! I had no trouble downloading the file from the web page using the method mentioned by SRE. I used WinZip to unpack the file and it worked fine.

Thanks to Bridgebuster & SlideRuleEra for taking time and effort for sharing valuable information with us. And thanks to Eng-Tips as well for making this possible.

Ciao.

This is weird. It is still doing the same thing for me no matter what way I try to download it. I can get the "Elastic Arch Bridges" document right below that, but not the "Suspension Bridges" one.

Thanx Old Bean.

How about a recommendation for influence lines? Something with influence lines for haunched or parabolic girders.

That is a great idea posting as a pdf. I never know what books to buy, bridge books are so far and few between, and buying sight unseen is tough. Thanx, thanx, thanx![pilgrim][turkey2][turkey2][indian]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back