Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

"This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way" geomod.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

LYukon

Electrical
Jan 7, 2015
US
I'm running several seats of I-Deas 12 NX in XP SP3 running in VirtualBox on Windows7 PCs. One of them crashed and will not run I-Deas. After selecting the model file, I get the following error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\UGS\IDEAS12\geo\geomod.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Clicking on OK terminates I-Deas
In the errorxxx.out file is the following:

***** I-DEAS Database Foundation Error *****
Error: 100 -- FSI_INVALID_PARAM
Routine: fsiario Value: 652

This run of I-DEAS has ABNORMALLY ended. (Application Abort)

I did a repair install of I-Deas and reinstalled the 2010 VC++ Runtimes.
Just wondering if anyone has seen this before.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try deleting your ideas/ user parameter file. I am not sure the location of this file. It should be on your team directory someplace. Do a search in this forum on deleting your param file. Is it just on a certain model file or all model files?

I renamed his parameter file. I-Deas came up with the large drafting window before giving the same error message and terminating the program. This was different in as the drafting window never came up before. I went back to the original parameter file.

It is only one seat with one model file. We created a new model file and I-Deas started and ran, so I will start searching on how to get data from his old model file. Thank you for your help. I wasn't sure many people would still be on the site.

Try this. Locate your stop button on your icon panel in I-Deas. As soon as you open or click ok to open your model file start clicking in the location of that stop button. Just click click click in that location as I-Deas is opening up. This should stop any redisplay of the model and you should be able to get into your model file. Also there is some information on this site about copying and renaming a MF2 file.

He tried clicking on the stop button but the icon panel doesn't come up before the error message. I found instructions on verifying and potentially fixing the model file and he will be trying that. Luckily he had almost everything checked in and would only lose about 8 hours of drawing. I will look into the MF2 also. Curiously my .mf2 file is 88kb while my .mf1 file is 198,800kb. I haven't looked at his yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back