Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Undo" - what actually gets un-done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phreaq

Mechanical
Mar 2, 2005
CA
I've noticed some weird things when it comes to the Undo command, and I find it doesn't always undo your last command.

I had one case where I modified a part, and got tonnes of errors, so I clicked 'undo' and it undid something else, and I was still left with all my errors.

What does and doesn't the undo command undo?

phreaq
Has anyone seen my brain today? (^_^)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It undoes the last command... your problem is you probably don't use the Ctrl-Q that often and you need to. You errors were probably always there you just didn't know it. Doing a Ctrl-Q will help you to find these errors.

Ctrl-Q is a full rebuild from the top of the tree to the bottom... Sketch to feature for every feature.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
faq731-376

Phreaq,

It undoes your last action which is not necessarily an "undo command" it could undo the placement of a sketch contraint. Try clicking on Undo List (to the right of the Undo button) to see the list of actions that are available to undo. The most recent actions are at the top of the list. The command works as intended for me in SWx 2005

Best Regards,

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SW2005 SP 5.0 & Pro/E 2001
Dell Precision 370
P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NIVIDA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success." - Henry Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back