Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

radial line development view

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTI18T

Industrial
May 12, 2003
US
I am wondering if UG NX2 has the ability to create a development view such as the one described in this website . I am attempting to create a round to square transition piece out of .25 flat steel. I tried many different free form features and also tried wrap geometry none of with would create the correct bend lines. thanks for the help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Ah, descriptive geometry...
If I understand your question correctly, you need a flat pattern developed. Wrap/unwrap will only work on cones or cylinders, and there would be no bend lines. Perhaps sheet metal would do it (I don't know, because I am unfamiliar with that package).

I found a help subject in UG help under sheet metal-> appendix about using sheet metal flanges to create a round to square transition but they used just four flanges and rnded up with just 4 bend lines. If I want more bend lines using this method I would have to make a flange for every bend line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back