Rainfall instensity table for PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakman256

Civil/Environmental
Aug 2, 2013
US
Hey Guys,

Hopefully an easy question for someone out there that does work in Pennsylvania. I'm looking for a table of rainfall intensities for use with the Rational Method. I have a copy of Publication 584 which provides the actual IDF curves but not the data used to make the curve. The reason I ask is that I submitted some drainage calculations to PennDOT for review and apparently I interpolated incorrectly off the chart and was off 0.1 in/hr. In order to avoid this comment in future, I was hoping someone had a resource that provided a table of the rainfall intensities that was used to develop the IDF curves in publication 584. I guess an alternative would be to make sure I use a higher rainfall intensity than I interpolated just to be on the safe side.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Yakman

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well, it's complicated.

Most regulators want you to use tables they supply, usually in a drainage manual. Some have started switching over to using NOAA data, which can be grabbed at a much finer grain than state wide here:

Don't forget to convert rainfalls to intensities by dividing by duration.

Hydrology, Drainage Analysis, Flood Studies, and Complex Stormwater Litigation for Atlanta and the South East -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back