Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAM Concept - Working with Rebar

Status
Not open for further replies.

sauce_man

Structural
Apr 14, 2020
US
I'm not even sure what to really ask here. I have experience using SAFE to read off rebar demands and detail my drawings.

I am currently using Concept for a job and I am really struggling with their reinforcement feature. It seems to place rebar awkwardly and I find areas of short bars or strange spacing. it even adds more rebar in after I have drawn more user reinforcing than required.

Basically, is anyone using this program to detail slabs? Are we just ignoring small rebar demands? What is the best practice with this software?

Looking for some input from some more seasoned Concept users. Thank you!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, my preference is to model design strips, adjust cross-section trimming to encapsulate the best cross-section and design from reinforcement demands. Only when I need to will I model user reinforcement and change the check box under calc options to "Design user reinforcement without additional program reinforcement".

When modelling user reinforcement, I would recommend viewing reinforcement layout in the "Detailed Bars Perspective" layer, if you model reinforcement thru a section which has a surface or soffit step it will model the reinforcement at the higher slab level for soffits, and lower slab surface for top reo, this might not actually place reinforcement in the ideal location for design. Other things would be to ensure reinforcement is in the design cross-section, at steps the slope limit might not encapsulate the reinforcement into the section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back