Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAM or Video Card Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinamo78

Mechanical
Sep 6, 2003
CA
When I have a lot of data showing in one file. I get an error saying Out of Memory Graphic Generation will stop. I currently have 1Gig of RAM and I will upgrade to 2Gigs. I am assuming this will help. But, could it be the video card that could be causing the issue. I don't know the make of our video card. We use IBM CAD workstations.

The graphics seem to be very choppy. So I am hoping the addition of RAM will help.

Marina M.
Designer, Platform Engineering
Quality Safety Systems

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If it shows only when you display your big models, I suppose it is probably your graphic card memory that counts. On the other hand, it could be a RAM problem. If so, I think it is likely to help when you increase your RAM to 2G(maximum for Windows system on a 32 bit to handle properly). But before you do that, be sure to alter your memory preferences (menu command Options>Preferences>Memory) or change the default memory settings in user param file (eg. I-deas V11.0): Team\Master\Config\ideas_param11.dat. I wish it could help!

Joyem
CAE Application Engineer

change memory.autosetting from 1 to o to set it in a manual mode and then u can increase ur graphics TVM.
as joyem said this is done in file ideas_param11.dat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back