Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Raster Images wont print

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnjroles

Civil/Environmental
Mar 20, 2003
US
Hello all -

I'm using ACAD Civil 3D Land Desktop Compainion 2008. I've got some raster images in the background that won't print although they appear in the print previews. All of the other cad work prints out fine - but no image.

Any suggestions?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well a couple of things might be wrong. They layer that the images are on might be set to "not print" so check that first. Now the more likely cause is the file size is too big. If the file size is too big try setting in your print properties to "print from computer" and then send it to the plotter. Unload all the images that you are not using for the plot as well. If your trying to plot from regular size say 36x48 to 11x17 to just a copier it will not work if the file size is too big. In that case just send the 11x17 to a plotter. Also try clipping the images it reduces the size.

First, make sure your printer supports raster printing.

If you have successfully printed other drawings with raster, then it does.

Just didn't want you pulling hair out without checking basics.

Intel P4 3.0 GHZ
512 DDRAM
Win 2000 Pro
Autocad 14, 2002 with EP 2.3.1
Autocad 2008

i think its running out of memory.in the plot window, click on printer "properties" radio button, then click on CUSTOM PROPERTIES, go to IMAGE tab, and reduce the print file resolution dpi, it should plot then. hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back