Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rates of injection moulding machines, world-wide 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peka

Mechanical
Oct 29, 2002
I am searching to a world-wide survey of machine rates for plastic injection moulding machines of about 200 tons. My intention is to known in which country are the best machine rates in respect of transport costs for plastic injection parts.
Can anybody help me?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Other factors to consider besides cost are volume, quality, and traceability/doc requirements. If you go shopping by price alone, you may end up with less-than-satisfactory product at a higher price than necessary.

Not to dodge your question entirely, eastern europe is often overlooked, with china being a default for "cheap" manufacturing.

Hyva paiva,
Machine rates in the US are going to vary depending on location and type of process. I'd say from 40-75/hr.
Mike Glynn
763-428-6180

The injection molding business is based on heavy investment, therefore the machine rates you will find worldwide will not vary too much, assuming you are comparing apples to apples. Some molders have very old machines, especially in third world countries, and can afford to charge a very low hourly rate for the machine time. However, beware, these low cost machine rates may also come with quality issues.
If you are looking for low cost machine rates, look for them in the vecinity of where the product will be assembled. Going to far distances will result in additional follow-up and shipping costs to where low cost machines rates may end up costing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back