Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RBE3 connections for multiple source and target nodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

LtSnikch

Mechanical
Jul 2, 2012
NL
Hi,

I'm working on a model using Siemens UGS/NX7.5 Nastran, where a solid is supported by various small cylinders.
To model this, the cylinders are modeled as spring elements, and the supporting area of each cylinder is represented on the solid as a seperate circular surface.
I've used TRI6 elements on the circular surface to have a nice center node which is in contact with the spring element's node.
To distribute the spring's stiffness over the contact area I use RBE3 elements. This goes fine for an individual spring as follows:

1D Connection --> node to node --> Source: top node of the spring element --> Target: 'Related nodes' of the cylindrical contact area on the solid.

However, there are a lot of supports so this takes up time when doing it seperately for each support.
But when I select all springs' top nodes as source, and all contact area nodes as target, only one RBE3 element is created per contact (only to the center node of the contact area, so it is not distributed over the contact area at all).
So, my question, does anyone know of a method where I can create the RBE3 connections between each spring and its corresponding contact area at once instead of creating them all sperately which takes to much time for the number of supports in this model?

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Kind regards,
Micha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back