Reaction force on an axis

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooshaa

Mechanical
Mar 25, 2016
DE
Dear all,

I have run a bending simulation including a superposed torque. As you can see in Fig. 1 (excuse my quick and dirty sketching [smile]), the profile is passing through 2 feed rolls and then coming between four smaller rolls (Bending Head)which is responsible for bending and torsion. I have assigned a single Reference point to the bending head system (by using rigid body constraint and it's chosen on the center of rotation) and used that point for the movement of the system. As you can see the bending head is rotating around Z and Y-axis and moving along X-axis.

Now here is my question. What I need is the reaction force on the bending head along the X-axis but when I plot the RF1 I only get the reaction force caused by the translational bending movement. I also need the effect of reaction force caused by reaction moment on the bending head being included to the RF1.

My solution, as you can see in Fig. 2, was to create another point with a certain distance from the center of the bending head system and define the movement along the X-axis form that point (which is actually what is happening in the actual forming process) but still I got only the effect of translational movement along the X-axis in the RF1 and nothing regarding the reaction force caused by the reaction moment.

How can I solve it?

Fig.1:

Fig.2:

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not sure I understand the question, but when you want the data in the local coordinate system, the you should look at the GLOBAL parameter at *Node Output.

Or during postprocessing you transform your result into a local new CSYS that moves with the RefPoint and activate that transformed field in display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back