Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reaction force probe in contact - underdefined how to define properly? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDDK

Marine/Ocean
Sep 5, 2018
GB
I am trying to create a model to judge the reaction forces between two elements in a contact. It is a static analysis, I have not progressed it to nonlinear. The contact is bonded. When I try to insert the reaction force probe and I choose the contact I want to explore, I cannot get it to define properly, it's always stuck in the "question mark" signifier. Am I missing something in the use of reaction forces? Could it be that my contact is somehow wrong? The model runs and displaces and produces stresses without problem, it is only the reaction force probe that doesn't work.

Does anyone know why the reaction force probe is not defined properly? What could it be missing?

I'm thinking if I can't find a solution, maybe I could put the model in APDL and run the NFORCE command, since that is essentially what I want - the reaction forces in a specific area, or collection of nodes.

Thanks for everyone's time.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back