Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reaction forces in a solid model in FEMAP/NX Nastran

Status
Not open for further replies.

automechanicar

Mechanical
Nov 28, 2007
NL
Hoi,

How can I retreive reaction forces in a solid model at a specific location? I know that there is a quanitity called COnstraint Forces in FEMAP 9.2 but when I use this, I get a fringe plot where the legend denotes only nodal reaction forces. However, I am interested in the sum of nodal reaction forces for multiple nodes (total tranferred load). How can I visualize this? Is it possible to retrieve total reaction force in a certain direction?

For example, consider a flat rectangular plate mounted on 5 vertical columns, where the columns are fixed at their base. The top side of the plate is uniformly loaded with for example 1000 N.
The total reaction force is of course 1000 N and the reaction force at the base of each column is 1000/5 = 200N. How can I visualize these 200N? Is it possible to specify a set of nodes (in this case the nodes at the bottom surface of the column) in which reaction forces are desired in certain direction?

THanks in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks a lot. I dont have the software at the moment, but I will try tonight.

I have also another question concerning postprocessing. When one wants to analyze the deformed shape of an object, one has either the option to see the actual deformation (scale 1:1) or deformation with some magnification factor (scale 1:20 for example, where the deformations is magnified 20x in order to have a clearer view on the deformed shape).

What does Femap choose by default? I guess it magnifies the deformation by some factor, but how can I find out what the value is of this factor? And how can I set this factor to 1, so I can view the actual deformation (sometimes necessary when you have relatively compliant materials, for example foams).

Thanks again!

Hi again

If you look at View Options - Postprocessing - Deformed style you'll find a menu for setting the deformation as you like it. There are several options.

Regards

Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back