Reactor design and agitator cost 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuliusChoi

Chemical
Aug 24, 2022
US
Hello,

I am designing pilot facility now. I got the 300L capacity reaction vessel from auction for 15k.
Now, I am looking for a appropriate agitator to be installed into the vessel.
I got the quote today and it costs around 10K. Shaft size is 32 inch and two 12 inch diameter blade. I feel it costs a lot more than I expected.
Normally, how much the agitator account for the reactor cost? or anybody give me the ball park range of the agitator price with this spec?
Thank you for your help!

Best regards,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Julius,

That sounds about right. There are a lot of different ways to impact cost, but usually it is significantly impacted by seal type selection, shaft size, and horsepower.

I've gotten quotes before for a 1 HP, 316 SS wetted parts, twin turbine (9"), single-mechanical seal agitator in the past year, 42" shaft size, at ~$15k (USD). Another manufacturer who does off-the-shelf agitators with minor modifications (i.e. fixed seal type with some options for power requirements and blade number/type, customizable attachment method), came in at $7.5k. Without knowing more specifics on design, your $10k seems to be in the right ballpark.

Also be prepared for very long lead times if making a custom agitator. Lead times are 16-20 weeks minimum now, it seems, even for small stuff like this.

JuliusChoi,

In my 43 years of experience, I have learned it only costs a little extra to buy used equipment. My 2[¢].

Good Luck,
Latexman

Hi,
Prepare a specification sheet and
Get a quote from reputable vendors of agitators! it should not take long to get a reply from them.
Among them I will try Chemineer, Lightnin,.... Companies I've been dealing with during my career.
Good luck
Pierre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back