Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

reading output database from a C++ external application

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan14

Mechanical
Feb 26, 2006
DE
hi all,

I am trying to read an Abaqus output database .odb using an external C++ application. That means I want to write a C++ program that can access directly the .odb file without using the "abaqus make" compling procedure. I understood from the documentation that this is possible (scripting user's manual section 9.7) and i have to worry about link, and excutable libraries as well as header files. Now i have a small experience in this field and I did include the above in my visual c++ project. i have the following error when compiling:
Compiling...
odb.cpp
c:\abaqus\6.5-1\cae\include\basictypes.h(172) : error C2059: syntax error : 'bad suffix on number'
c:\abaqus\6.5-1\cae\include\basictypes.h(172) : warning C4067: unexpected tokens following preprocessor directive - expected a newline
c:\abaqus\6.5-1\cae\include\basictypes.h(172) : warning C4067: unexpected tokens following preprocessor directive - expected a newline
c:\abaqus\6.5-1\cae\include\basictypes.h(192) : error C2059: syntax error : 'bad suffix on number'
c:\abaqus\6.5-1\cae\include\basictypes.h(192) : warning C4067: unexpected tokens following preprocessor directive - expected a newline
c:\abaqus\6.5-1\cae\include\basictypes.h(192) : warning C4067: unexpected tokens following preprocessor directive - expected a newline

i removed the lines causing errors in basitypes.h and i get a linking error:

linking...
LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
Debug/odb.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Could you please elaborate on the procedure of accessing .odb from an external application? if possible please give details about the linking procedure in visual c++.

very much appreciated guys....

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hello xerf,

I did supply the path to Abaqus in my project settings. But i am not sure if i did so correctly. I am not that experienced with linking and compiling. did you ever worked this out? can you please tell me the steps of linking in visual c++.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back