Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reading results file from global model into local model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ld3Ake

Nov 9, 2011
GB
Hi,

I have a quick global to local submodelling question. I have an Abaqus model and that all works fine on my computer. I've followed the instructions of Referring to the global model results from the submodel analysis so that it correctly locates the global results file.

The problems arises when I want to use another computer to solve the local analysis (because it has more RAM, better CPU etc). The process I do at the moment is:
1. Copy the global results file to the specified folder on the computer I want to solve the local model
2. Change the working directory of the local model folder to the one that now contains the global results.
3. Change the "Read Data fro job:" to the name of the global results file.

I then go to run, and hey presto Abaqus pings up with the message saying the results file is missing. Does anyone know how to avoid this? I can of course run the global model again on the new computer but then that is just double computing time when it has already been solved.

Thanks for any help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back