Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RealView '08 is not right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

esfr

Structural
Oct 10, 2007
US
I've got a model with different appearances layered on... say one appearance, green, is attached to the entire part, and another appearance, red, is attached to one face. In my experience, the face material overrides the body material, so the part will be all green, with on red face.

What's happening, however, is essentially that the red face isn't showing up in realview for me. In most of my models realview's been working, but in this one it's not. The model renders correctly in photoworks, and what's more, when I turn realview OFF it looks correct... but with realview on the red face dissappears.

Realview is supposed to be a realtime rendering of photoworks properties, right? So it's wierd that I can look at a face that's green in realview, and then render just that area and it will show up red... there's obviously some disconnect between realview and photoworks. what gives?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

well weird, after continued fiddling around, for quite awhile, i finally got realview graphics to update. i think what did it was simply reopening the material editors for the materials in question multiple times, and then closing them... with the green check, not the red x.

good news, then, is that the problem is fixed, and i have an idea on how to fix it if/when it happens next. bad news is that this means there seems to be a bug in realview which prevents it from updating in some cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back