Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RealView and Kia Automoblies 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMulligan

Mechanical
Apr 25, 2002
US
I gave RealView a try yesterday, and was surprised to see a bunch of automobiles and a KIA sign in the reflection on the part I was working on. It looked like it was at a car show or something. It looked pretty nice, but I don't like the KIA sign reflecting off of a part I designed.

Has anybody else noticed this?

I'm using SW 2004 on a 2.8 GHz P4, Windows XP Pro, NVidia Quadro FX1000 graphics card.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I heard something about the reflections. I thought somebody told me if you model a round ball or sphere, and turn it into chrome (I think) you can see something too. Perhaps the same as what your talking about, but they didn't tell me it was a Kia sign.

And what the heck is the matter with a BMW sign or something? Hey, how about the DSS logo thingy?

-----------
Mr. Pickles

We were told at the SW2004 rollout that the reflection was of JH's front yard!!!!

Maybe KIA is a big customer or paid large sums of cash ;-)

3/4 of all the Spam produced goes to Hawaii - shame that's not true of SPAM also.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back