Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

RealView grayed out after updates 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyncroTec

Mechanical
Aug 18, 2003
US
I just updated SW07 from 0.0 to 2.2 and now RealView is grayed out. Any suggestions on a cause and/or remedy? The video is a Quadro FX 550. Perhaps there is simple solution to a setting that I am not aware of since this the first video card that I have used that supports RealView.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Also make sure the nVidia application setting is still set for SolidWorks.

The 6.14.10.8426 is listed as the SolidWorks certified video driver.

Any reason you didn't update to SP3?

[cheers]
SW07-SP3

Nvidia card driver install method is different then most other drivers. You must uninstall the driver first, reboot, Install the new driver, Reboot, and test - if you don't do it like this you run the risk of having conflicting drivers and some thing will work and other won't.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
faq731-376

I had the same problem with the same card. Try the driver update first, but I had to rename my SW folder in the registry. Be sure you run the copy settings wizard first, so you don't loose you toolbar info. SW will recreate the reg file next time you start SW. It's marginally unnerving to be digging around in your registry, so only do this as a last resort.

Dan

I found the same thing when I updated to SW2007 3.0? After digging around I found that the "Use Software OpenGL" in tools/system options/performance was checked and greyed out. It appears that this option must be deselected before opening a file for editing. After deselecting this option and opening a file my RealView button came back.

Mike G.
SW07-SP3.0

I ended up deselecting "Use Software OpenGL" and RealView came back. My drivers are not the latest according to the SW website, but if it's not broken and works for what I am doing why change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back