Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Rebar for 2 part trench pours with pillars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2023
US
So today my concrete contractor bailed on a project. I was relying on him to do the rebar after he told me he'd done lots of grate trenches. He also said he was going to pour it in one shot. Seemed like the hard way to do it but I'm not the concrete guy.

So now I'm in a lurch. I found someone else but he says he wants to pour it in two steps (floor then pillars) and doesn't want to anything to do with the rebar.

I had planned to epoxy in rebar where the original tie in are. That's only 8 sections of rebar in 305". They also do nothing to tie the pillars in to the floor of the trench.

The grates have low traffic from 5 ton fork truck. Most of it won't see any fork truck traffic except where there is a roll up door that gets used a few times a week. They are for drip drying. I need the center trench to be 9" wide.

I am up against it since the contractor was supposed to start rebar and forms tomorrow. The demo is already done so now I have big holes in the floor.

Thanks for you help.

[URL unfurl="true"]https://res.cloudinary.com/engineering-com/image/upload/v1705946799/tips/Trench_original_plan_bxuuun.pdf[/url]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Maybe vertical Us tied to with one or two horizontal runs down the trench? 1' on center where roll up door is. Otherwise 2 possibly 3' on center? I don't think epoxy would be required for the 1/2" where it pins into the existing slab.

20240122_154529_au7uwm.jpg

Thoughts?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back