Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Receiver Antenna for 400~700nm wave 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The wavelength regime stipulated is visible light, so that would be an optics problem.

Is this for school? Student posting is not allowed.

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Need help writing a question or understanding a reply? forum1529

Of course I can. I can do anything. I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert!
There is a homework forum hosted by engineering.com:

200~350nm, half-wave dipoles.

The day will eventually come when nanotechnology will bring the optical range into the RF world. It should be very interesting when it happens.

Nantennas are being worked on for direct conversion of light into electricity in lue of photovoltaic methods.

An issue which is being conquered is the complex interaction of light with ANY metal surface causing (plasmons) a sort-of plasma cloud which makes direct scaling of radio antenna theory not possible, but they're getting a handle on it. It's similiar to skin depth stuff which doesn't greatly impact RF antennas but does cause strange effects with regards to nano length optical antennas.

Here's a link to short paper on the subject:
antennas for light

Here's a paper. Look at page 444 for some cool optical antennas.(Don't worry its only a 37 page doc not hundreds of pages)
Page 444

Here's a link to lots of stuff at Rochester Univ:
Search of Rochester's data base

Keith Cress
kcress -

I knew it was at the research stage. Of course, 'research stage' is a very long time frame, often spanning decades.

You've provided some excellent references for the OP, if the question was actually intended as written.

Wow, I appreciate a great resource you got there. Thank you.
I am looking a possibility,how I could relate the effects to fractal solar panel at iteration where dimensions nearing to or smaller than wavelength. What parameters could have been affected on the energy conversion of light to hv. Fortunately, I have now a supporting references for my hypothesis, thanks to you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back