Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Recent files in TM won't show anything New

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBaugh

Mechanical
Mar 6, 2001
US
So my Excel no longer recognizes anything that I have opened recently in the task manager. Only the items I have pinned and the last 4 open docs, which are actually not the last 4 docs I opened.

About a month ago I had this same issue and I had to find and remove the correct jump list. It's already corrupt again. Has anyone else ever had to deal with this? Its only in Excel everything else is fine. Repair didn't fix it and as far as I can tell there are no longer options I can set. I have the recent docs set to 50 in the excel options.

Jump list location:
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
CAD Systems Manager
Evapar

"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you on some corporate system which wipes that entry every few months? I'm on such a system - everything gets wiped: cookies, recent file lists, last project opened etc. There is no need to but it is a department policy from n years ago.

Nope, I am not on such a connection. I do clean my own out occasionally.

I did a complete uninstall and clean out the registry and reinstall and that did not fix the issue, however, it created another issue. Now, none of my MS store add-ins longer work. It will install it and act like it is going to work, then fails with "ADD-IN ERROR This add-in could not be started...". Nothing on the web even remotely resolves my issue. There are several simple solutions IE options and a few other suggestions, but none will resolve the problem.

Suggestion for IT is to reformat and start over in everything... sigh!!

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
CAD Systems Manager
Evapar

"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back