Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommendation for slurry pump consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapo84

Mechanical
Jun 4, 2007
US
At our mine site we have all types and sizes of pumps and there appears to be plenty of room for optimization. I am interested in bringing in a pump consultant who has had extensive experience with pumping a high-solid slurry.

There are plenty of pump reps available who are helpful but it is in our best interest to have a non-partial engineer on-site.

Any recommendations on where to look for such a consultant?

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Near the mining towns.
You might want to look for an "impartial" engineering consultant.

Let your acquaintances be many, but your advisors one in a thousand’ ... Book of Ecclesiasticus

Thanks for the feedback - I am currently looking into the suggested firms. Ideally, I'd like to find a retired pump engineer as opposed to going through a consulting firm.

Thanks again.

I think you would be best served finding retiree from slurry pump manufacturer; Lawrence, Hazelton, Goulds, Warman, G.I.W. to name a few. If you were to call these companies, they would probably be happy to pass your request along to retirees. My experience has been that although their experience might be with the one company, these folks are dedicated to the science.

I don't know if he's still around, but one of the best I knew was Jerry Miller of Miller Engineering in Tucson. He was in his 70s and still driving to Montana for sales calls some years back. They specialized in mining industry equipment. He must be retired by now, had a lot of energy and was absolutely honest.

kapo

It might help if you mentioned what part of the world you're in.

Patricia Lougheed

Please see FAQ731-376: Eng-Tips.com Forum Policies for tips on how to make the best use of the Eng-Tips Forums.

We are located in the western United States.

Stanier - I have been in contact with GIW here locally and they have been helpful in given references. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back