Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommendation Regarding Energy Analysis Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRBKDW

Mechanical
Oct 15, 2003
US
We are looking at purchasing HVAC energy analysis software. We are looking at all the big names i.e. Trace, DOE-2, HAP, etc. I'd like to get some recommendations and reviews of the various programs in an attempt to make a more educated decision. Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We have used a number of the applications in our office. The one used predominantly is Carrier HAP 4.2, it is a well rounded application that is quite easy to use, it provides detailed information for loads in various zones and spaces and has a number of built-in systems to use for analysis (VAV systems with or without reheat, water loop heat pumps etc) The output is very easy to understand assuming the information was properly input.

Another of my favorite applications is eQuest from JJ Hirsch, it is a DOE2 interface that I use when doing quick energy simulations for system comparison. The graphical output is excellent for inclusion in reports, it also produces extremely detailed reports as per DOE2. The simulation input is done via wizards and has both simple and detailed input modes depending on your needs. eQuest is available for free online.

Another source for more software tools is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back