Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

recommendations for heat transfer short course?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike238

Aerospace
Nov 29, 2016
US
Does anybody have any recommendations for a heat transfer short course? I'm especially interested in e-learning (online) classes for this subject.

My primary use of the material will be for evaluating electronic equipment for thermal input from conduction, convection, and radiation. I'm an aerospace engineer and have experience with structural analysis but have done very little thermal analysis since college which was years ago. Ideally the course would use a practical text like Steinberg’s “Cooling Techniques for Electronic Equipment”.

The class in the link below looks perfect except that it seems to only be offered in the Netherlands. I'm hoping for a similar course that is offered online.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The instructors for the course you linked to are quite good and are fluent in English. I suggest you contact them by email and ask if they intend to offer their course in the US or on-line at some point. They frequently visit the US to attend conferences and may be interested in offering their course.

Sorry, but I don't know of any on-line courses in this field. I used to offer one many years ago but it was discontinued after only one person signed up for it.

I'm not sure if you are a member of any organization but if you are you could look at what they offer. For instance, one company I worked for was a full member of IEEE and I seem to recall that they had some kind of computer training module on heat transfer.

I'm a member of ASME, with the membership benefit of Access Engineering Library. They offer a study guide for heat transfer:

It's not accredited but it may suit your purposes.

Good luck!
K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back