Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Recommendations for plastic bottles manufacturers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaber26111

Mechanical
Sep 8, 2013
EG
Hello everybody,

I am working on design of a plastic bottle, similar to the bottles which are attached, but with some modifications to suit my client requirements, like beverage content to be increased, and at the bottom to be extended by 2 Cm with the bottle boundaries, port at this 2 Cm round area for USB, and cover to be attached " Those are the modifications in few words".

so i need experts here who are familiar with plastic industry and manufacturers, to recommend me some manufacturers who do open molding according to customer needs, so anybody here know any of those manufacturers, so i get the bottle exactly as i need and according to my design drawings?

Please take a look at the pictures, and let me know if anyone can help,

Thanks in advance.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=10964ea1-f0da-452d-890f-f0f2d404a875&file=Water-7-Hydrocoach.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thread Edit:

I've contact manufacturers and they replied with that they don't open molding for customized bottles, "they only produce specified bottles which i don't need", so i hope i can find someone whose in the field of plastic and can guide me to the right manufacturer who can produce a sample for me, and mass production later.

will appreciate your replies a lot,
Thanks

That's a pretty fancy bottle.
It appears to comprise a blowmolded PE or PP bottle, and an overmolded shell, of I'm guessing TPE.
To get a sample, you will need to buy at least two molds, and possibly deal with two different molders.

Mike Halloran
Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back