Recommendations of short circuit software

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeprom

Electrical
May 16, 2007
US
Hello,
I am considering purchasing some ETAP-type software for short circuit studies, protective device coordination, and load flow analysis. This would be for small systems, less than 100 buses. I have a limited budget. I am familiar with ETAP, and it seems to be easy enough to use. However, I was wondering if someone knows of a comparable software for less money.

thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ETAP minimum software configuration is a bundled short circuit, load flow, motor starting and protective device coordination. In SKM PTW, they have DAPPER and motor starting and protective device coordination (CAPTOR) are separate packages...chances are depending on what studies you'll perform, they might be cheaper a little bit.

if you do not have long term use, you may rent ETAP for a specified period of time or maybe include the cost into your contract whichever is feasible for you and your client.

Undervoltage,
Yes, I think you are correct. I've been getting prices over the past week. I've looked at ETAP, SKM, and EasyPower. So far SKM is quite a bit cheaper and it seems to come with the most applications for a basic system.

I've been using SKM Power Tools for a few years now, I use it for short circuit studies, load flow, protection grading and also dynamic studies on rotating machines. Never any problems with bugs etc and relatively simple to use, I would recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back