Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommendations: SolidWorks Manuals

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoffthehammer

Mechanical
Jan 28, 2005
GB
We have just bought SW 2013 Professional. I have been on a couple of training courses at our reseller but can can anyone recommend a good SW instruction/reference book or books to keep on the desk?

Geoff

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've used SW for years and never actually got a 'bible'. I tend to Google, 'Solidworks...' followed by my problem. It's rare that I can't find a solution of sorts and if it's more involved then I post on the forum. Then I look for another thread I can contribute back to so I feel like I'm trying to give something back!

Try the Solidworks 2013 Bible by Matt Lombard. I've used the 2007 version, which was excellent. David and Marie Planchard also put out good material, which I used in earlier versions.

Regards, Diego

Thanks all
I have tried the tutorials but they don't always cover the specific areas I seem to come up against.
I'll take on board the Google:SW...suggestion but might get the SW2013 bible as a spare moment browse
Thanks again for your suggestions
Geoff

I do not know if a version is published for SW 2013, but I have had decent success training others using "Solidworks 20xx for Designers" by Sham Tickoo. Fill in the year for the xx in the title.

You might look at SolidProfessor. Online training, videos on demand and a tab in your task pane for easy access.
I have Lombard's 2007 Bible, too. Excellent resource as well.

Jeff Mirisola
My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back