Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Recommended reference books for high voltage electronics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoyntExH

Mechanical
Jan 14, 2013
US
Hello All, I'm a young engineer working for a company that builds SMPS's in the 5kV-70kV range.

I am looking for a handbook on high voltage design techniques. It seems like there are a lot high voltage engineering handbooks geared towards high voltage power transmission for high voltage 60Hz stuff, but I would like to have a book that talks about things like high voltage power supply layout and routing, design of compensated voltage dividers, techniques for minimizing carona, pros/cons of various dielectric materials, and things like that.

This book that I found on amazon looks promising, but it would be nice to know of some other useful books to look at.

-Rob

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The bible for things that go arc in the night is Gaseous Conductors by James Dillon Cobine. It will help you keep any voltage once you've generated it.

The Navy publication titled "Navy Power Supply Reliability: Design and Manufacturing Guidelines" has a section on high-voltage. Very helpful in my work.

There's an online version, here's the beginning of the chapter on high voltage: [URL unfurl="true"]http://bmpcoe.org/library/books/navso%20p-3641/61.html[/url]
Just click next to get to each section, or view the other chapters of the publication on the right side bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back