Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recommended Spares List-Spreadsheet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparepart

Industrial
Feb 13, 2003
GB
Does anyone have or know where to find spreadsheet templates to produce spare parts lists for unit machines etc.for example if I build an Industrial Extruder and wish to produce a complete list of spare parts in a spreadsheet format where can i find examples.i understand excel well enough to produce a spreadsheet but i am looking for typical examples.
any help would be very much appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are several software packages that have been developed to manage the maintenance of plant equipment. One system that I am familiar with is called Maximo. This system includes modules for preventative maintenance scheduling, corrective maintenance scheduling, spare parts inventory management, vendor management, purchasing, etc.

The spare parts inventory management includes the following information:

1. Part identification (name, number)
2. Vendor descriptions (could be several)
3. Inventor location (storeroom, bin, etc.)
4. Current inventory amount
5. Re-Order Point
6. Maximum inventory amount

The key to good spare parts inventory management is to ensure that the database matches the current inventory and that the re-order point is well coordinated with the spare parts delivery time. For example, if you use 1 spare part per week and the delivery time for the spare parts is 4 weeks, you will want to set the re-order point at no less than 5 parts. That way, 4 weeks later, you will receive your spare parts and still have one spare part in the inventory.

If you use Maximo, a lot of this will be done automatically, as the parts receivables, re-ordering and usage will be linked through the database. If you use a spreadsheet, you will need to manually coordinate those activities. This could become a difficult task if you do not control the contents of the spare parts inventory.

pj

1. You need to have SAP or else
2. You can use formulas and links with Reciepts and Issues.

Regards

I have actually done this exact task. I setup a live database using Microsoft Access that "sees" our system's parts. I then attached a factor to the parts for spare parts for:
1. start up
2. 1 year
3. 2 year
I use Excel's v-basic macros to search by a part number on the data base with the attached factors (that multiply by the original qty for the spare part qtys) and generate a spare parts list. It is current and fast. I even set up links and attach data sheets in PDF format to send to the customer. It takes a little while to setup but as you know, spare parts are worth lots of $.
Hope this helps

Maximo is an excellent tool, also it ties everything to a SAP paykey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back