Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recreating model of older version in 10.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdock

Chemical
Jun 17, 2002
US
Hello,

I am attempting to re-create a hydrocad model based on output reports. This original model was created in version 8.5, and I am using version 10.00 to build it. I have success in getting similar outputs for the subcatchment and reach nodes, but the pond node is behaving oddly, my control orifices are detaining water better than the original model. Have there been changes in the pond node calculations between these versions that account for discrepancies, or am I missing some data point in my analysis?

Thanks for the help,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Did you confirm that everything jives between the old file? Routing method? Duration? Time Step? Finer Routing?

Is this a pre-fab chamber by any chance? Check the stage-storage to ensure manufacturers specs haven't changed.

I don't believe that there were actual changes in how the calcs are done, just a lot more discharge options, pre-fab chambers, etc ....

All of the Verion 10.00 updates and build info is listed here?

HydroCAD 10.0 will give the same results as a model created with 8.5. Although new features are added in each release, we take great pains to provide consistent results in each new release.

If you're getting different results there must be a difference in the input data. I suggest you review the 8.5 summary reports very carefully and make sure everything is exactly the same. Of course, the easiest solution would be to obtain the 8.5 file, which can be opened directly in 10.0.

Peter Smart
HydroCAD Software

Thanks, folks. There were a lot of tweaks I had to make from the standard values in the calc dialog box, so I probably missed something. Just wanted to make sure that was the issue, and not something on the back end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back