Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Redefining blocks - attribute problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeriF

Computer
May 23, 2002
US
Hi - I'm trying to redefine several blocks in a existing drawing (AutoCAD 2000i). My problem is that the lines & polylines of the blocks are redefining OK but the attributes of the blocks are retaining their original layer and color. I'm confused. Here is how I'm doing it:

I open the block drawing from our library.
I redefine the objects (lines, text, attributes) with the new layers, colors and linetypes.
I purge the block drawing. Save.
I open the existing floor plan drawing. Insert new block from the library. When asked if I want to redefine the block, I reply "yes".

It appears to work OK but... the lines of the blocks are redefined but the attributes are not. If I do a list inquiry on the block, the attributes are still showing the original layer and color. BUT if I explode the newly inserted block, the attributes have the correct new layer, linetype and color. I'm thoroughly confused. Can anyone help?

Teri

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Can anyone help me here?? I need to redefine some blocks - attributes included, but the link to get this lisp file no longer works and I dont know what ATTSYNC is??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back