Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Reference planes offset positions arent affected by Scale Feature-Can I get them to? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

borsht

Mechanical
Oct 9, 2002
US
I have a base plate that has Reference Planes, constructed as offset distances from the center plane. I have two configurations of the part, cold & hot. Che cold config has the planes at the given distances from center, and a suppressed Scale feature. The hot config has all that and the unsuppressed Scale feature. I want the plane's position to be scaled, just like the rest of the features in the tree. Is there a way to do this?

SolidWorks Newbie since 2001
-Currently using SW2021

Inventor Newbie since 2019
-Unfortunately Currently using Inventor22

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

How would the 'scale' for the offset be determined if it worked how you want? If you can describe it, can you not create an equation for the planes offset dimensions? Perhaps I do not understand what you're trying to accomplish.

Response to BiPolarMoment: I have a base plate, with multiple nests mounted to it. They are mounted in a grid of lanes and rows. The tool is assembled and in its working mode is heated, there for grows. I use the planes for mating the nests to the assembly. The base plate has 2 configurations, the machined config, and the working config which has the scale feature at the end of the tree unsuppressed. Since the planes dont grow with the scale feature my mating scheme was worthless. But, Since Jassco(Alex) made his statement I will use Surfaces rather than planes as my mating feature.

SolidWorks Newbie since 2001
-Currently using SW2021

Inventor Newbie since 2019
-Unfortunately Currently using Inventor22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back