Reformer Pre-Treater Sample Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

gearteeth

Materials
Jul 24, 2014
US
Good Afternoon All,
I have received a sample from the boot on the cold separator upstream of a reformer. The sample includes pH, H2S content, NH3 as N, NH4HS, and chloride content. I'm looking for a resource that will give some meaning to these values. By using a combination of the NACE Student Manual and API 571 I've been able to get a general idea of how damage mechanisms will manifest themselves in the presence of the above, however, these documents are generally qualitative. By using API 581, I'm able to calculate damage rates and susceptibilities for expected damage mechanisms based on the above information, however, I'm looking for a more general understanding of the sample data. Is this chloride content acceptable? What content is generally targeted across the industry? I understand that "acceptable" is in the eye of the owner-user, and what is targeted in one refinery may vary from another. Nonetheless, I'm hoping there is a resource that can shed some light on what is seen across the industry. Or is it best just to chat with an expert?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back